People ask me, “How do I know I need Life Coaching?” Here are five signs you might need a Life Coach.
1. You have no idea who you are and what your true life purpose is. Do you move from job to job without really understanding who you are or what your values are? Living and working outside our values often can cause unhappiness and stress. Using assessments and coaching tools, life and career coaching can help you prioritize your values and skills, and help you make the changes you need in order to realize your life purpose.
2. You have a dream but you are afraid to go for it. A dream is good to have but are you afraid to move ahead and make it come true? Fear can make our dream unattainable if it puts up roadblocks. A Life Coach can help you not only get clear about your dream by examining what is blocking you from making that dream a reality, and more importantly, by asking powerful questions, they can support you in taking steps the steps you need to make your dreams a reality.
3. You have goals but you give up before you achieve them. This is something that comes up a lot in coaching. People often don’t know how to set reasonable and achievable goals. This leads to frustration and disappointment. Life coaching helps you set practical goals breaking them down into achievable steps so that you can make progress. Having accountability is a big part of helping you reach your goals.
4. You don’t believe you can get what you want. Having a Life Coach helps you challenge your core beliefs. With powerful questions, you begin to explore those blocks that you have allowed to stand in your way of believing in yourself. Have you ever dreamed of writing a book or joining a theater company or cooking in a restaurant and thought, oh no, I’m not an author or actor, or chef? Working with a Life Coach takes you out of thinking and into doing.
5. You struggle with boundaries and relationships. As a Relationship Coach, I work with clients to determine what their boundaries are and how to communicate them to others. Once you understand who you are and what your values are, you can get what you need by asking for it in a kind and healthy way.
Think about how athletes use coaches to help them achieve peak performance, a Life Coach is the same. Coaches are there to support YOU and help you uncover the best version of yourself. You can do this! What small step will you take this week to move you closer to your goals?